Hello Parents of Lakewood UMC 6thGraders,
We are very excited to welcome your new 6thgrader into the Student Ministry here at Lakewood United Methodist Church! We are excited to integrate our new 6thgraders into the Student Ministry and help them become fully formed disciples of Jesus Christ. We do this through reaching new students, connecting them with Jesus, helping them grow in Jesus, and sending them to make disciples. This is done through weekly gatherings, annual events, and more. We understand that we are just as new to them as they are to us and that becoming a part of the Student Ministry can be a little intimidating. This is why we are having our 6thGrade Adventure. It is a time to fellowship, build community among a new class of students, worship together, and a great opportunity for us to get to know them and for them to get to know us. Below you will find details about the trip:
- August 8-9, 2019. Students will meet at Lakewood UMC at 8:30am at the Jones Road entrance. We’ll spend the night of Thursday Aug. 8 at the church and be finished with everything at 6pm on Friday Aug. 9.
- Thursday morning will include activities and lunch at Lakewood UMC, followed by a trip to the Houston Zoo. We’ll return to the church for dinner, activities, and bed.
- Friday we’ll wake up, have breakfast, and enjoy a day at Hidden Lake in Katy, TX for swimming and water activities before returning to the church for a special surprise before going home at 6pm.
- Every student who goes on an overnight trip with us is required to have a Medical Form on file.
- If your student takes prescription medication, you must fill out our medication administration form and bring it with the medicine to check-in on Thursday. Please bring medications in the original prescription container.
- We are asking that students pack a lunch for Thursday afternoon, every other meal will be provided for them. However, we ask that there be NO PEANUTS OR PEANUT PRODUCTS in the sack lunches because of allergies for a few of our students.
We are thrilled to invite a new class of 6thgraders into the Student Ministry at Lakewood! We know God is ready to work amazing things in their lives through their middle and high school years. Our staff is eager to partner with you as parents to disciple your student and build lasting relationships in the Student Ministry.