Dear Parents, Students, and Leaders,
Revive Summer Camp is almost here!
We are greatly looking forward to the weekend and are excited to see how God will work during our time together at First UMC in Kerrville, TX. Revive is going to be an environment that encourages students in discipleship through worship, small group times, serving those in need in Kerrville, time in fellowship at the Guadalupe River and Six Flags Fiesta Texas, and more. We’ll join students from other churches and be lead in worship by Paul Trejo, our worship leader from Big House, and his band. You can find the schedule that Revive has published attached to this email.
Cell phones and other electronics are not allowed at Revive. Please help us with this by making your student(s) leave these at home. At check in on Sunday July 8, students will be required to either:
- Turn their cell phone in to student ministry staff OR
- Give their cell phone to their parent in front of our check-in staff.
If your student takes medications we need the medication form filled out and turned in with the medication.
- If a student takes medication, we need to have medication (in the prescription bottle from the pharmacy) along with the attached medication form brought to check-in on Sunday July 8. We suggest that parents send only the amount of medication that the student needs for the weekend. This will be helpful in keeping up with medication by not having to pick it up when return. You can ask your pharmacist for another original bottle. All medications will be secured.
- All participants must have an updated Medical Information Form on file. You can find those at the link above. We have two options to be filled out for adults and two options to have filled out for students. One can be filled out on a computer and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and the other can be printed out, filled out by hand, and brought to the student ministry office or scanned and emailed to email@example.com. Please email these completed forms to Amy or drop them off in the office no later than Thursday 7/5.
Below are a few additional items that you need to be aware of:
- Students will meet at the church just inside the “Walgreens” entrance at 2:00pm on Sunday July 8.
- All students need to bring $10 for dinner on Sunday evening, and $10 for lunch on Thursday afternoon. We will stop for meals along the way. Please let Clay know if you might need help with this.
- While at Six Flags, if a student wants to purchase a snack or souvenir, they are responsible for that cost.
- We will return to the church at 5:00pm on Thursday July 12. Please pick up your student at this time.
- We will be driving to and from Kerrville in Vans. It will take approximately 4 hours each way.
Cell phones and other electronics are not allowed at Revive. Please help us with this by making your students leave these at home. These distract from God’s movement during the weekend and therefore should be left at home. If there is an emergency, you will be able to get a hold of your student at any of the numbers below.
We are very excited about Revive and look forward to what God will be doing in the life of our student ministry. Please spend the next few days praying that Revive is a time in which the Holy Spirit moves among all of the students and adults going, and that we experience spiritual revival. Pray that those that don’t know Christ can meet him there and be encouraged along with those that do know Him to follow Him in the power of the Holy Spirit. Please also pray for the health and safety of all participating.
Student Ministry Director
Physical address at Revive Camp - First United Methodist Church, 321 Thompson Dr. Kerrville, TX 78028