For registered 6th grade students:
Arrive at Lakewood at 6pm on Friday November 9th and we will be heading to Camp Cho-Yeh in Livingston. Please make sure that your child has had dinner! If you'd like to check the camp out the website is https://www.cho-yeh.org
- sleeping bags or bedding for a twin size mattress, including blanket and pillow. It can get cold in the cabins at night.
- changes of clothing
- closed toed shoes
- shower shoes or flip flops
- something to write with
- You never know what the weather is going to be like in Texas so pack weather appropriate clothes including a jacket and if it's raining, boots and an umbrella would be great. Plan on sending clothes that can get dirty/wet.
- Send an empty trash bag for them to put wet/dirty clothes and shoes in.
- OPTIONAL- money for snacks and/or souvenirs at the camp store
Do not send anything valuable such as jewelry or electronics with your student. We have a no cell phone policy on overnight trips. Students will need to hand their phones in to a parent upon check in. Adult chaperones can have their phones but will probably have limited access. If you need to get in touch with your student, you can always call/text Clay or myself or the camp office.
If your child has any medication, including over the counter items such as Motrin or Tylenol, etc...you need to fill out the medication administration form and turn it in with all medication to a staff member when you drop your student off. Please make sure everything is labeled clearly.
If this is your student's first time away from home or if they have any issues with sleeping away, please let me know. We've had some surprises in the past and I want to make sure that we have a little warning so that we can be prepared in case a situation arises.
If you have questions or concerns about anything, contact Amy at email@example.com
We will return to Lakewood by noon on Sunday, November 11th. We'll post updates on Facebook if we are running late. You can request to join our page @LUMCSM if you haven't done so already.