We'll be meeting entirely online during the COVID-19 Outbreak via Zoom video conferencing software. Be sure to download the Zoom app first. When you open it, it will ask you:
- Can Zoom access your camera? (Say yes, or ok)
- Can Zoom access your microphone? (Say yes, or ok)
- Can Zoom send you push notifications? (Up to you, not necessary)
- Audio: click “Join using computer audio”
Then, click the link for your group below:
- Middle School Girls: https://zoom.us/j/780841546. Meeting ID 780-841-546
- Middle School Boys: https://zoom.us/j/898572090. Meeting ID: 898-572-090
The goal of Grow Groups is to help students grow to become more like Jesus. One of the BEST ways to do that is in small groups that band together to meet regularly to push one another on to be like Christ. So the focus is on accountability, but there will be some time in scripture as well. The accountability time will be focused on the “check in” that is designed to encourage movement away from sin and into holiness.
These groups are divided by grade and gender to allow for the best and most honest conversation. But they’ll need to look different for 6th graders than they do 12th graders. Middle school groups might have some more play/fun time before they get into discussion while high schoolers might have a longer discussion time.
Middle school groups will begin meeting weekly on Sunday afternoons/evenings while high school groups can meet at different times throughout the week, depending on the availability of adult leaders. We currently have adult leaders for the following groups:
- Middle school girls: Sunday evenings from 5:00pm to 6:30pm in the Student Ministry area at the church. Led by Lane Morgan and Misty Celli
- Middle school boys: Sunday evenings from 5:00pm to 6:30pm in the Student Ministry area at the church. Led by Bobby Celli and Collin Castille.
As more adult leaders come forward, we will form new groups. If you are interested in leading a group, please email email@example.com.
The ultimate goal is to help students together become more and more like Jesus by rooting out sin and moving into holiness.