Children’s Ministries Summer Curriculum & Camp Assistants
Lakewood UMC Children’s Ministries is looking for 2 Summer Assistants who will work alongside the Children’s Director and Assistant Director in preparing and working on all Children’s Ministries Summer events.
Position Description: The Curriculum and Camp Assistants will work for 9 weeks assisting the Director and Assistant Director of Children’s Ministries to prepare and implement Sunday School, Summer Camps, and VBS with a focus in Pre-School and
Elementary - aged children (through 5th grade).
Timeframe: May 24, 2021 - August 3, 2021
Accountable to: Children’s Ministries Director and Assistant Children’s Ministries Director
Skills and Abilities Required:
● Highly motivated and self-disciplined
● Biblical Knowledge
● Organizational and Computer Skills, especially Google Sheets and Slides
● Possess qualities of leadership, teaching, and shepherding
● Preference will be given to those with an interest in experience working with children
● Social Media experience a plus
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Organization of and implementation of Summer Camp curriculum and materials.
This may include, but is not limited to, registration, checking in and out camp participants, gathering supplies, helping to reorganize and clean up church facilities used for camp
2. Assist families with check-ins and troubleshooting technology in Sunday School rooms
3. Planning, organizing, and helping with implementation of VBS
4. Serve as Preschool VBS Assistant Director OR VBS Check-Ins Coordinator
5. Making phone calls, writing emails, and other communication with camp and VBS participants
6. Participate in Children’s Service on August 1st
7. Any other duties that are required to have successful Sunday School, summer camps, and VBS
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org