We will be meeting at Lakewood at 6pm on Friday February 21st and heading by vans to Carolina Creek Christian Camp in Huntsville. Please make sure that you have dinner beforehand! If you'd like to check out the camp click HERE for the website.
- Sleeping bag or bedding for a twin-size mattress
- Blanket and pillow
- Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, deodorant, comb/brush, etc.
- Clothing for 2 days: Pay attention to the weather forecast
- Closed toed shoes
- Shower shoes or flip flops
- A flashlight
- A bible and something to write with and write on
You never know what the weather is going to be like in Texas so pack weather appropriate clothes including a jacket and if it's raining, boots and an umbrella would be great. Plan on clothes that can get dirty/wet. Bring an empty trash bag to put wet/dirty clothes and shoes in.
Please do not bring anything valuable such as jewelry or electronics. We have a no cell phone policy on overnight trips. Students are not permitted to have phones or other electronics while attending an overnight event with the Lakewood UMC Student Ministry as these are a distraction from what we’re trying to do while together. When arriving at Lakewood UMC for check-in for an overnight trip, all students are required to either:
1. Give their phone to the staff to be locked at the church
2. Hand their phone to their parent in front of our check-in staff
If you need to get in touch with your student, you can always call/text Clay, Carrie, or the camp office. Please program our numbers into your phone so that it is recognizable for you to answer if we need to reach you in case of emergency.
Carolina Creek: 936-594-4446
All medications need to be turned into a staff member upon check in on Friday evening. Please make sure it is labeled clearly with your student's name in the original prescription bottle. Your pharmacist can give you an extra bottle. Fill out the attached Medication Administration Form and turn it in along with the medication. Please do not pack over the counter meds such as Tylenol or ibuprofen, as we will have those available as needed.
There are a few forms that must be filled out for each student to attend. See below.
- Click here for the Lakewood UMC Liability Release Form (one for students, one for adults). If you have not filled this out since August 25, 2019, then we need it. This link will allow you to fill out either a printable PDF form or fill it out via Word Document and email it to Mistye Diaz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here for the Carolina Creek Medical Form
- ADULTS ONLY: Click here to print and sign the Carolina Creek rules page
- For students or adults who have medications to take: Click here for our medication administration form.
We will return to Lakewood by noon on Sunday, February 23rd.
Please be in prayer for the staff, adult leaders, students, and everyone at Carolina Creek as we head out on this retreat. Pray for the Holy Spirit to move through us throughout the weekend.
We will post updates on Facebook. Please join our page if you haven't done so already...@LUMCSM.
If you have questions or concerns about anything, please don't hesitate to ask!