Lakewood has several vitally important ministries that serve our immediate community including our food pantry, homeless ministry, and outreach to area apartment complexes. The Student Ministry is going to get together in small groups August 3 and 4 to help collect more food for the food pantry, assemble bags of essentials for our homeless friends, and assemble crafting bags for the children of Lakewood Apartments in Canterbury Forest.
Click here for the note to give to your neighbors to help us refill our food pantry.
Some things to know:
- Masks will be required.
- We will deliver grocery bags with lists of needed non-perishable food items to houses in neighborhoods surrounding Lakewood the week before
- On Aug. 3 and 4 we will pick up the non-perishable food and deliver it to the church where we will sort it for our Matthew 25:35 food pantry.
- We will organize items for the Manna Bags for our homeless friends and assemble them.
- We will organize items for children's crafting kits for the local Lakewood Apartments and assemble them.
- We will assemble items in Founders Court so there is plenty of room to stay socially distant.
- We will grab lunch together both days paid for by each individual student.
Medical information/Liability Release forms will be required for every student attending. They can be found here.
Students should meet at the church at 10am on Monday August 3 and Tuesday August 4. We will be done in the mid-afternoon both days.
There is no cost for this event.