ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES
Some Sunday School Classes are meeting via ZOOM ! Click here for a list of our Sunday School Classes.
Zoom is very user friendly. It can be used on a laptop, iPad, smart phone, or even a desktop that has a camera and microphone.
If you’ll be using it on your mobile device or iPad, you must download that app first. Once you have done that, you just have to click the link sent to you by your group or Sunday school leader for the zoom meeting and it will take you to the meeting.
You can also enter the “Meeting ID” which will also be sent to you. When doing this, it will ask you:
· Can Zoom access your camera? (Say yes, or ok)
· Can Zoom access your microphone? (Say yes, or ok)
· Can Zoom send you push notifications? (Up to you, not necessary)
· Audio: click “Join using computer audio”
If anybody in your group would prefer to call in and do it as a telephone conference instead of using video on their computer, phone, or tablet, they can do that by calling 1-346-248-7799 and entering the Meeting ID sent to you.
*PLEASE NOTE: For safety measures we can not make the zoom links public, if you are interested in joining a Sunday School Class or need help finding a class that will fit your schedule please contact Patty Henson for the Zoom link or for additional information.
ONLINE BIBLE STUDIES
CLICK HERE for a list for our current Online Bible Studies with descriptions
LAKEWOOD UMC PODCAST
Lakewood now has access to Amplify! Amplify is a multimedia platform that features thousands of videos you can use for study, reflection, worship, and inspiration. During this time in which we are all worshiping, studying, staying connecting to God and one another digitally. You can access all of these videos anytime and on almost any device. You can watch with a couple of friends and discuss over the phone or you can gather a group via email, watch it yourself and discuss via email. If you want to access our video conference platform, Zoom with your group, please contact Clay at email@example.com.
To access your Amplify account, just follow these simple steps:
1. Go to https://my.amplifymedia.com/amplify
2. Look for the small icon in the far-right upper corner.
3. Click on that icon and then on the drop-down menu where it says, Access Code.
4. Enter our Access Code: BRLCVX
5. You can set up your own log in with your email and password.
6. If you have any questions, feel free to call the church office at 281.370.2273.
Check out Seedbed’s Seven Minute Seminary. It is an opportunity to hear seminary professors explain difficult concepts in seven minutes. You will find Seven minutes videos on almost every subject – try two of my favorite ones. One here and another here.